Excellent Dental Implant Services in Carmel and Salinas
Are missing teeth affecting the appeal of your smile? If that is the case, Monterey Coast Periodontics and Implant Dentistry has you covered. Dr. Matthew Wetzel has the expertise required to craft you a complete, confident smile using dental implants.
Dental implants are a permanent solution used to restore dental function and preserve your oral health. This popular option not only replaces your missing teeth but also replaces your tooth root. Our reliable dental practices in Salinas and Carmel are happy to help you achieve your dental health goals. Get in touch with our compassionate staff today and schedule your consultation.
Salinas: (831) 424-2214 Carmel: (831) 626-5900
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants renew your smile and provide you with many cosmetic and functional benefits. These benefits include providing a stable foundation for your teeth, allowing you to speak clearly and chew your food properly. They also replace your natural tooth roots and decrease bone loss by providing stimulation to your jaws. In addition, dental implants look and feel just like your real teeth. They can last for decades when cared for properly.
What to Expect If You Decide on Dental Implant Surgery
We care about your well-being and provide various sedation methods for patients with dental anxiety. Our options include nitrous oxide (laughing gas), oral and IV sedation if necessary.
The steps of a dental implant procedure differ from one patient to another. Dr. Wetzel offers both traditional and computer-guided implant surgeries. The type of surgery and the number of implants will depend on your oral health and jawbone condition. We place implants for all types of restorations, including crowns, bridges, dentures, and All-On-4®. Most implant treatments will include the following steps:
- The Treatment Plan: Dr. Wetzel will determine if you are a good candidate for implants by performing CBCT scans and x-ray imaging. We will then discuss your options and the number and type of implants you need.
- Extracting the Damaged Tooth: If your tooth is damaged, we will need to extract it before the procedure. If your tooth is already missing, you won’t need this step. We can perform simple and complex extractions, and prepare the area for future implant treatment at the same time.
- Prepping Your Jawbone and Gums: Based on the condition of your gums and the strength of your jawbone, Dr. Wetzel might need to perform bone grafts or periodontal treatment before proceeding with implant placement.
- Placing Your Dental Implant: The actual process starts once your jawbone heals from any previous treatments. Inserting the implant post will be performed using the traditional method or computer-guided surgery. The implant post is biocompatible titanium and fuses naturally with your bone.
- The Abutment Placement: Once the treatment area is healed (3 to 6 months), we add the abutment to the implant post and prepare to secure your new prosthetic.
- Delivering Your New Tooth: For the final step of the process your implant dentist will create your natural-looking restoration and place it for you.
Pretreatments to Ensure a Successful Dental Implant Procedure
At Monterey Coast Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, we care about the quality of the treatments you receive. Your oral health needs to be strong before undergoing an implant procedure to achieve optimal results. Our practice offers the following pretreatments:
Periodontal Disease Treatments – Dr. Wetzel won’t proceed with the implant treatment until we ensure your gums are in good condition. We use the LANAP® (laser-assisted new attachment procedure) to provide you with the latest, most advanced treatments for gum disease.
Gum Grafting – We use gum grafting to treat receding gum tissue, tooth sensitivity, and teeth that look too long. We use your tissue or the AlloDerm® regenerative tissue method to rebuild your gums where it is needed.
Bone Grafting – If your jaw doesn’t have sufficient density to support implants, you will need to undergo a bone grafting procedure. During this treatment, new material is added to the jawbone to strengthen it. We can use materials designed for grafting or your own transplanted bone.
Sinus Lift – Sometimes the natural bone below the sinuses is not strong enough to support a dental implant or, you may have enlarged sinuses. We can treat this condition by performing a sinus lift, during which bone is added below the sinuses to strengthen it. This treatment prepares you for an effective implant procedure and increases your chances for successful results.
Treating Failed Dental Implants
If you suspect your implant is damaged, it is necessary to see our dentists immediately before the damage gets worse. After examining your case, there are two options to fix your situation either by repairing or replacing your implants.
Based on the extent of the damage, our experienced dentists may use laser technology to precisely repair the implant. If we find this is not possible, we can replace the implant altogether.
Exceptional Implant Services In Carmel and Salinas
Our team delivers comprehensive implant services to our Carmel and Salinas communities and the surrounding neighborhoods. At Monterey Coast Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, we pride ourselves on the compassionate work we provide. To find out more about dental implants and our other services, contact our friendly staff today and schedule your consultation.
Salinas: (831) 424-2214 Carmel: (831) 626-5900